Leave types are used to request a leave.
To each type of leave, you can assign a few options:
- Reporting code: Code that is used when sending to the payroll
- Negative allowance: Balance may go below 0 (e.g. overtime)
- Only visible to the chief: Only the chief can grant this type of leave, the staff can not request this themselves
- Due date: To which calendar day can this type of leave be taken or in other words for which date the leave must be taken
- Expires next year: If checked, can take this leave until a calendar day in the following year (e.g. April 1st next year)
- Balance management: A balance is kept for this type of leave, e.g. a balance can not be kept for sickness or indicative leave
You can add a new leave type by following these steps:
- Go in the menu to Management - Settings.
- Click on the tab 'Holiday types'.
- Click on 'Add a holiday type'.
- Fill in the data in the pop-up. TIP: 'Indicative leave' is used by many clients for personnel that doesn't have annual leave. They can use this to indicate when they can't work.
Attention: you need admin rights to set this up.